Name and contact details of the responsible person
Our responsible person (hereinafter “responsible person”) within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR is:
Smart IT Alliance GmbH
31162 Bad Salzdetfurth, Germany
Fax: +49 (0) 5063 63 29 799
Email address email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Jennifer & Christian Behrens
District Court of Hildesheim, HRB 207921
Data protection officer
31162 Bad Salzdetfurth, Germany
Fax: +49 (0) 5063 63 29 799
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of data, purposes of processing and categories of data subjects
Below we inform you about the type, scope and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data.
- Types of data we process
Usage data (access times, websites visited, etc.), inventory data (name, address, etc.), contact details (telephone number, email, fax, etc.), payment data (bank details, account details, payment history, etc.), contract data (subject of the contract, term etc.), content data (text input, videos, photos, etc.), communication data (IP address, etc.),
Purposes of processing according to Art. 13 Para. 1 c) DS-GVO
Processing of contracts, purposes of evidence / preservation of evidence, optimizing the website technically and economically, enabling easy access to the website, fulfilling contractual obligations, contacting us in the event of legal complaints by third parties, fulfilling legal storage obligations, optimization and statistical analysis of our services, supporting commercial use of the website, improving user experience , making the website user-friendly, economic operation of the advertising and website, marketing / sales / advertising, creating statistics, avoiding SPAM and abuse, handling an application process, customer service and customer care, handling contact requests, providing websites with functions and content, security measures, Uninterrupted, secure operation of our website,
- Categories of data subjects according to Art. 13 Para. 1 e) GDPR
Visitors/users of the website, customers, suppliers, interested parties, applicants, employees, employees of customers or suppliers,
The persons concerned are referred to collectively as “users”.
Legal bases for processing personal data
In the following we inform you about the legal basis for the processing of personal data:
- If we have obtained your consent to the processing of personal data, Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR is the legal basis.
- If the processing is necessary to fulfill a contract or to carry out pre-contractual measures, which take place at your request, Art. 6 Paragraph 1 S. 1 lit. b) DS-GVO is the legal basis.
- If the processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g. statutory storage obligations), then Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c) GDPR is the legal basis.
- If processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person, Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. d) GDPR is the legal basis.
- If processing is necessary to safeguard our interests or those of a third party and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not prevail in this regard, Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter f) GDPR is the legal basis.</li >
Disclosure of personal data to third parties and processors
In principle, we do not pass on any data to third parties without your consent. If this is the case, then the data will be passed on on the basis of the aforementioned legal bases, e.g. when data is passed on to online payment providers to fulfill a contract or due to a court order or due to a legal obligation to release the data for the purpose of criminal prosecution or to avert danger or to enforce intellectual property rights.
We also use contract processors (external service providers, e.g. for web hosting of our websites and databases) to process your data. If data is passed on to the processors as part of an agreement on order processing, this is always done in accordance with Art. 28 DS-GVO. We carefully select our processors, check them regularly and have been granted the right to issue instructions regarding the data. In addition, the processors must have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures and comply with the data protection regulations in accordance with the BDSG new version and the GDPR
Data transmission to third countries
The adoption of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) created a uniform basis for data protection in Europe. Your data will therefore be processed primarily by companies for which the GDPR applies. Should the processing take place by third-party services outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, they must meet the special requirements of Art. 44 et seq. GDPR. This means that the processing takes place on the basis of special guarantees, such as the determination of a level of data protection officially recognized by the EU Commission or compliance with officially recognized special contractual obligations, the so-called “standard contractual clauses”.
Insofar as we obtain your express consent to the transfer of data to the USA due to the ineffectiveness of the so-called “Privacy Shield” pursuant to Article 49 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter a) GDPR, we point out the risk of secret access in this regard by US authorities and the use of the data for surveillance purposes, possibly without legal remedies for EU citizens.
Deletion of data and storage period
Unless expressly stated in this data protection declaration, your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as you revoke your consent to processing or the purpose for storage no longer applies or the data are no longer required for the purpose, unless their further Storage is required for evidence purposes or there are legal storage obligations. This includes, for example, commercial law retention requirements for business letters in accordance with Section 257 (1) HGB (6 years) and tax retention requirements for receipts in accordance with Section 147 (1) AO (10 years). If the prescribed retention period expires, your data will be blocked or deleted, unless storage is still required for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
Existence of automated decision-making
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
Provision of our website and creation of log files
- If you only use our website for informational purposes (i.e. no registration and no other transmission of information), we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the following data:
• IP address;
• User’s internet service provider;
• date and time of retrieval;
• browser type;
• language and browser version;
• content of the call;
• time zone;
• Access Status/HTTP Status Code;
• amount of data;
• websites from which the request comes;
• Operating system.
A storage of this data together with other personal data of yours does not take place.
- This data serves the purpose of providing you with functions and content on our website in a user-friendly, functional and secure manner, as well as optimizing and statistically evaluating them.
- The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR.
- For security reasons, we store this data in server log files for a storage period of 30 days. After this period, they are automatically deleted, unless we need to keep them for evidence purposes in the event of attacks on the server infrastructure or other violations of the law.
- Data categories: User data, cookie, user ID (including the pages visited, device information, access times and IP addresses).
- Purposes of processing: The information obtained in this way serves the purpose of technically and economically optimizing our web offerings and enabling you to access our website more easily and securely.
- Legal basis: If we process your personal data with the help of cookies on the basis of your consent (“opt-in”), then Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR applies legal basis. Otherwise, we have a legitimate interest in the effective functionality, improvement and economic operation of the website, so that in this case Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR is the legal basis. The legal basis is also Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR if the cookies are set to initiate a contract, e.g. for orders.
- Objection and “opt-out”: You can generally prevent the storage of cookies on your hard drive, regardless of your consent or legal permission, by selecting “do not accept cookies” in your browser settings . However, this can result in a functional restriction of our offers. You can opt out of the use of third-party cookies for advertising purposes via this American website (https://optout.aboutads.info) or this European website (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/de /preference management/).
Execution of contracts
- We process inventory data (e.g. company, title/academic degree, names and addresses as well as contact details of users, e-mail), contract data (e.g. services used, names of contact persons) and payment data (e.g. bank details, payment history) for the purpose of fulfilment our contractual obligations (knowledge of who the contractual partner is; justification, content and execution of the contract; checking the plausibility of the data) and services (e.g. contacting customer service) in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit b) GDPR . The entries marked as mandatory in online forms are required for the conclusion of the contract.
- This data is generally not passed on to third parties unless it is necessary to pursue our claims (e.g. handing over to a lawyer for debt collection) or to fulfill the contract (e.g. handing over the data to payment providers) or there is a legal obligation to do so in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter c) GDPR.
- We can also process the data you provide to inform you about other interesting products from our portfolio or to send you e-mails with technical information.
- The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. This is the case for the inventory and contract data if the data is no longer required for the execution of the contract and no more claims can be asserted from the contract because they are statute-barred (warranty: two years / standard statute of limitations: three years ). Due to commercial and tax regulations, we are obliged to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, if the contract is terminated after three years, we will restrict the processing, i. H. Your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations. Information in the user account remains until it is deleted.
Online payment provider
- In case of payment by “Paypal”, billing takes place via PayPal (Europe) S.àr.l. et Cie, SCA, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg, Web: paypal.de< /a>, https://www.paypal .com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
When paying via “Sofort.com”, billing takes place via Klarna GmbH, Theresienhöhe 12, 80339 Munich, https://www.klarna.com/sofort/datenschutz/.
Hereinafter referred to as “Online Calculator”. The online billers collect, store and process your usage and billing data to determine and bill for the services you use. The data entered into the online billing service will only be processed and stored by them. If the online billers are unable to collect the usage fees or only partially, or if the online billers fail to do so due to a complaint from you, the usage data will be passed on by the online billers to the person responsible and the person responsible may block it. The same applies if, for example, a credit card company reverses a transaction from you at the expense of the person responsible.
- The legal basis is Art. 6 Paragraph S. 1 lit. b) GDPR, since the processing is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract by the person responsible. In addition, external online billers are used on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter f) GDPR for the legitimate interests of the person responsible in order to be able to offer you the safest, simplest and most diverse payment options possible.
- With regard to the storage period, revocation, information and data subject rights, we refer to the above data protection declarations of the online billing companies.
Contact us via contact form / email / fax / post
- When you contact us via the contact form, fax, post or e-mail, your details will be processed for the purpose of processing the contact request.
- The legal basis for processing the data is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR if you have given your consent. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of a contact request or email, letter or fax is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR. The person responsible has a legitimate interest in the processing and storage of the data in order to be able to answer user inquiries, to preserve evidence for liability reasons and, if necessary, to be able to comply with his legal storage obligations for business letters. If the contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
- We may store your information and contact request in our Customer Relationship Management System (“CRM System”) or a comparable system.
- The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with you has ended. The conversation is over when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified. We store inquiries from users who have an account or contract with us for a period of two years after the end of the contract. In the case of legal archiving obligations, the deletion takes place after their expiry: End of commercial law (6 years) and tax law (10 years) storage obligation.
- You have the option at any time to revoke your consent to the processing of personal data in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter a) GDPR. If you contact us by email, you can object to the storage of your personal data at any time.
Contact us by phone
- When you contact us by telephone, your telephone number will be processed and temporarily stored or displayed in the RAM / cache of the telephone device / display to process the contact request and its processing. It is stored for liability and security reasons, to be able to provide evidence of the call, and for economic reasons, to enable a callback. In the case of unauthorized advertising calls, we will block the numbers.
- The legal basis for processing the telephone number is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR. If the contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
- The device cache stores the calls for 30 days and successively overwrites or deletes old data. When the device is disposed of, all data is deleted and the memory may be destroyed. Blocked telephone numbers are checked annually to determine whether blocking is necessary.
- You can prevent the phone number from being displayed by calling with a suppressed phone number.
- On our website we have the anti-spam function “reCAPTCHA” from “Google” (provider:Google Ireland Limited, registration no.: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ) integrated.
- Data category and description of data processing: Usage data (e.g. website accessed, IP). By using “reCAPTCHA” in our forms, we can determine whether the input was made by a machine (robot) or a human. When using the service, your IP address and any other data required for this may be transmitted to a Google server in the USA.
- Purpose of processing: Prevention of spam and abuse as well as our economic interest in optimizing our website.
- Legal basis: If you have given your consent (“opt-in”) to the processing of your personal data by a third-party provider using “reCaptcha”, then Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit ) GDPR is the legal basis. The legal basis is also our legitimate interest in data processing based on the above purposes in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) GDPR.
- Data Transfer/Recipient Category:Third Party Providers in the United States.
- Storage period: until you as the user delete the cookies.
- We have integrated maps from “Google Maps” (provider: Google Ireland Limited, registration number: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website.
- Data category and description of data processing: Usage data (e.g. IP, location, page accessed). Google Maps allows us to show the location of addresses and driving directions on interactive maps directly on our website and enable you to use this tool. When accessing our website, where Google Maps is integrated, a connection to the Google servers in the USA is established. Your IP and location can be transmitted to Google. In addition, Google receives the information that you have accessed the relevant page. This is also done without a user account with Google. If you are logged into your Google account, Google can assign the above data to your account. If you do not want this, you must log out of your Google account. Google creates user profiles from such data and uses this data for the purpose of advertising, market research or the optimization of its websites.
- Purpose of processing: Providing a user-friendly, economical and optimized website.
- Legal basis: If you have given your consent (“opt-in”) to the processing of your personal data by the third-party provider using “Google Maps”, then Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR is the legal basis. The legal basis is also our legitimate interest in data processing based on the above purposes in accordance with Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 Letter f) GDPR.
- Data Transfer/Recipient Category:Third Party Providers in the United States.
- Storage period: Cookies up to 6 months or until you delete them. Otherwise as soon as they are no longer required for processing purposes.
- Possibility of objection and removal: You have the right to object to the creation of user profiles by Google. Therefore, please contact Google directly via the data protection declaration below. You can make an opt-out objection regarding the advertising cookies here in your Google account:
Social media plugins
- Data category and description of data processing: Usage data, content data, inventory data. When accessing our website, “Shariff” does transmit any personal data to the third-party providers of the social plug-ins. Next to the logo or brand of the social network you will find a controller with which you can activate the plug-in with a click. This activation represents your consent in the form that the respective provider of the social network receives the information that you have accessed our website and that your personal data is transmitted to the provider of the plug-in and stored there . These are so-called third-party cookies. According to some providers, such as Facebook and XING, your IP will be anonymized immediately after it has been collected. The plug-in provider stores the data collected about the user as usage profiles. You can revoke your consent at any time by deactivating the controller.
- Purpose of data processing: Improvement and optimization of our website; Increasing our awareness via social networks; possibility of interaction with you and users with each other via social networks; Advertising, analysis and/or needs-based design of the website.
- Legal basis: The legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest in the above purposes in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR. If you have given us or the person responsible for the social network your consent to the processing of your personal data, the legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter a) in conjunction with Article 7 GDPR. In the case of pre-contractual inquiries or when using your personal data to fulfill the contract, Article 6 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 lit. b) GDPR is the legal basis.
- Data transmission/recipient category: Social network.
- Social networks used and objection: Regarding the purpose and scope of data collection and processing, we refer to the respective data protection declarations of the social networks. You will also find information there on your rights and setting options for protecting your personal data. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you can contact the respective plug-in provider directly to exercise these rights.
- On our website we have plug-ins from the social network Facebook.com (registered office in the EU: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland) as part of the so-called “two- Click solution” from Shariff. You can recognize this by the Facebook logo “f” or the addition “Like”, “Like” or “Share”.
- As soon as you voluntarily activate the Facebook plug-in, a connection is established from your browser to the Facebook servers. Facebook receives the information, including your IP, that you have accessed our website and transmits this information to Facebook servers in the USA, where this information is stored. If you are logged into your Facebook account, Facebook can assign this information to your account. When using the functions of the plug-in, e.g. pressing the “Like” button, this information is also transmitted from your browser to the Facebook server in the USA and stored there and displayed in your Facebook profile and possibly with your friends .
- The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy can be found in Facebook’s data protection information: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Data collection from the “Like” button: https://www.facebook.com/ help/186325668085084. You can manage and object to your settings regarding the use of your profile data for advertising purposes on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/.
- If you log out of Facebook before visiting our website and delete your cookies, no data about your visit to our website will be assigned to your profile on Facebook when the plug-in is activated.
- We have plug-ins from the social network Twitter.com (Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St., Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA) on our website as part of the so-called “two-click solution”. integrated by Shariff. You can recognize these plug-ins by the Twitter logo with a white bird on a blue background. You can find an overview of Twitter buttons and tweets at: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/twitter-for-websites/overview.
- If you are logged into your Twitter account while you deliberately activate the Twitter plug-ins, Twitter can assign the call from our website to your Twitter profile.
- If you want to exclude data transmission when activating the plug-in to Twitter, log out of Twitter before visiting our website and delete your cookies.
- The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Twitter as well as your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy can be found in Twitter’s data protection information: https://twitter.com/de/privacy. Objection (opt-out): https://twitter.com/personalization.</ li>
- We have integrated plug-ins from the social network XING (XING AG, Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany) on our website as part of Shariff’s so-called “two-click solution”. You can recognize them by the share button with the white XING logo and the “X” symbol on a green background.
- If you deliberately activate the XING share button on our website, your browser will establish a connection to the XING server when you access the relevant website. According to XING, no data is stored about the call from which XING could derive a direct personal reference. In particular, XING does not store any of your IP addresses and does not use any cookies. When you click on the Share button, you will be redirected to the XING home page, where you can then – if you are logged in – recommend our site, which serves to increase our awareness and reach. The XING data protection declaration below applies to these activities on the XING platform.
- If you log out of XING before visiting our website and delete your cookies, no data about your visit to our website will be assigned to your profile on XING when you activate the plug-in.
- The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by XING as well as your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy can be found in XING’s data protection information on the share button at https://www.xing.com/app/share%3Fop%3Ddata_protection as well as the general one XING’s data protection declaration at https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung</ a>.
- We have plug-ins from the social network Instagram (service provider: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland) on our website as part of the so-called “two-click solution”. Integrated Shariff. You can recognize them by the Instagram logo in the form of a square camera.
- If you voluntarily activate the plug-in, a connection will be established from your browser to the Instagram servers. Instagram receives the information, including your IP address, that you have visited our site and transmits the information to Instagram servers in the USA, where this information is stored. If you are logged into your Instagram account, Instagram can assign this information to your account and you can click the Instagram button and thus share and save the content of our pages on your Instagram account and, if necessary, show it to your friends there. We have no knowledge of the exact content of the transmitted data, how it is used and how long it is stored by Instagram.
- If you log out of Instagram before visiting our website and delete your cookies, no data about your visit to our website will be assigned to your profile on Instagram when you activate the plug-in.
- We have integrated plug-ins from the Pinterest social network (Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland) on our website as part of Shariff’s so-called “two-click solution”. . You can recognize them by the buttons with the white “P” character on a red background.
- If you voluntarily activate the plug-in, a connection will be established from your browser to the Pinterest servers. Pinterest receives the information, including your IP address, that you have visited our site and transmits the information to Pinterest servers in the USA, where this information is stored. If you are logged into your Pinterest account, Pinterest can assign this information to your account and you can click the Pinterest button and thus share and save the content of our pages on your Pinterest account and, if necessary, show it to your friends there.</li >
- If you log out of Pinterest before visiting our website and delete your cookies, no data about your visit to our website will be assigned to your profile on Pinterest when you activate the plug-in.
Data protection for applications and in the application process
- Applications that are sent electronically or by post to the person responsible are processed electronically or manually for the purpose of processing the application process.
- We expressly point out that application documents with “special categories of personal data” according to Art. 9 DS-GVO (e.g. a photo that gives conclusions about your ethnic origin, religion or marital status), with the exception of a possible severe disability, which you wish to disclose of your own free will are undesirable. You should submit your application without this data. This has no effect on your chances of applying.
- The legal basis for processing is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Clause 1 Letter b) GDPR and Section 26 BDSG new version
- If an employment relationship is entered into with the applicant after the application process has been completed, the applicant data will be stored in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations. If you are not offered a job after completing the application process, the letter of application and documents you submitted will be deleted 6 months after the rejection has been sent in order to be able to meet any claims and obligations to provide evidence under the AGG.
Rights of the data subject
- Objection or revocation against the processing of your data If the processing is based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a), Art. 7 DS-GVO, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time to revoke. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent up to the point of revocation. If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR, you can object to the insert processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary in particular to fulfill a contract with you, which is shown by us in the following description of the functions. If you exercise such an objection, we ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either stop or adjust the data processing or show you our compelling legitimate reasons for continuing the processing. You can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can exercise your right to object free of charge. You can inform us about your objection to advertising using the following contact details:
Smart IT Alliance GmbH
Tec Center 1
31162 Bad Salzdetfurth, Germany
Fax: +49 (0) 5063 63 29 799
Email address email@example.com
- Right to information
You have the right to information about your personal data stored by us according to Art. 15 DS-GVO. This includes, in particular, information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data was or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the origin of your data, unless it was collected directly from you.</li >
- Right to Rectification
You have the right to have incorrect data corrected or correct data completed in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR.
- Right to erasure
You have the right to have your data stored by us deleted in accordance with Art. 17 DS-GVO, unless there are legal or contractual retention periods or other legal obligations or rights to further storage.
- Right to Restriction
You have the right to demand a restriction in the processing of your personal data if one of the requirements in Article 18 (1) lit. a) to d) GDPR is met:
• If you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period that enables the person responsible to check the accuracy of the personal data; • the processing is unlawful and you refuse the deletion of the personal data and instead the restriction of the use of the personal data request;• the person responsible no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or• if you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 Para. 1 DS-GVO and it is not yet certain whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
- Right to data portability
You have a right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, which means that you can receive the personal data we have stored about you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or you can request transmission to another person responsible.</li >
- Right to Complain
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority in the Member State where you live, work or where the alleged infringement took place.
In order to protect all personal data that is transmitted to us and to ensure that we and our external service providers comply with the data protection regulations, we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures. Therefore, among other things, all data between your browser and our server is transmitted in encrypted form via a secure SSL connection.
Source: to the article